This may just be my top 3 taco recipes and I have A LOT. It’s light but flavourful, a perfect dish for summer!
Crispy Cajun Shrimp
• 300g of fresh shrimp or king prawns
• 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning
• 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon of pepper, ground or coarse
• 10 tablespoons of self-raising flour
• 100ml of cold water
• 1 litre of oil, to fry
• 2 soft ripe avocados
• 1 fresh tomato, finely chopped
• ½ red onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoon of coriander, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon of chilip flakes
• Juice of ½ lime
1. In a large bowl, add the flour, seasoning, lemon juice. Slowly add the cold water until you get a
smooth runny paste. Add or reduce the water if you need too.
2. Heat the oil, to test the oil drop a cube of bread and see if it turns brown within 30 seconds. If
not let the oil continue to heat up.
3. While the oil heats ups, add the guacamole ingredients in a bowl and mash with a fork. Allow
to chill in the fridge.
4. Take each prawn and dip into the flour mixture and let the excess mixture drip off. Drop into
the oil and cook until the prawns turn crispy and gold.
5. Remove the prawns and drain on paper towels.
6. Drop the chorizo into the oil for 10-15 seconds or until crispy.
Serve hot and fresh with on tortilla with lettuce