A fruity twist for your salad this summer, it take little effort and time to add some flavour to your plate.
• 2 fresh chicken breast
• 1 cup of blueberry juice, ( blueberries blended with water will work)
• 5 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
• 1 tablespoon of sugar, or honey
• ½ teaspoon of mustard
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated
• 1 tablespoon of all-purpose seasoning
• 2 tablespoon of malt vinegar
For the salad base
• 3-4 gem lettuce, shredded
• 80g of croutons ( 2 slices of bread, cubed and baked will work)
• 1 whole cucumber, sliced and quartered
For the dressing
• 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. In a small pot over a medium heat, add all the ingredients beside the chicken and blueberry
juice. Allow this this mixture to reduce and thicken.
2. Add the blueberry juice and let this reduce and thicken more.
3. In a hot frying pan, add a drizzle of oil and the chicken.
4. Drizzle the soy sauce on the chicken along with the salt and pepper and whole garlic cloves.
5. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, add the thicken BBQ sauce. Remove the chicken and set
aside when the chicken is sticky and glazed.
Serve the chicken sliced with the salad base and dressing