I LOVE SHRIMP BOILS, not matter what season or even time. It’s a very social dish, let everyone grab a bowl and probably bibs and lots of napkins. Remember to serve with loads of lemon wedges and enjoy!
• 700g of fresh shrimp
• 1 large onion, sliced
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 4 corn cobs, halved
• 5-6 potatoes, halved
• 300g of polish sausage, cut into 3cm pieces
• 4 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
• 2 tablespoons of fish seasoning
• 100ml of soy sauce
• 1 table spoon of cayenne pepper
• 2 litres of water
• 4 chicken stock cubes
• Drizzle of oil
1. In a large pot, bring the water to boil with the stock cubes, add the potatoes and cover for 10
2. In a separate pot, add the oil along with the onions, garlic and all the seasonings.
3. Add the prawns and when they turn pink add the sausage and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the corn to the boiling potatoes and cook until the potatoes and corn are both cooked.
5. Transfer the prawns mix to the boil and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Serve alongside fresh cut lemons